Everyone who come to Australia indulge in incredible natural beauty, from Uluru to the Outback, rainforests to pristine white sand beaches, and of course, the Great Barrier Reef. Someone are repeat customers. Every trip, They find something new about this country to love.
But a good travel plan is necessary for each trip, especially budget. It will effect your next trip if your budget always over your plan. Here, we will provide your few tips about how to save money while you can enjoy your trip as well.
- Serviced Apartment — In a trip or travel, Accommodation is biggest expenditure in whole trip. So it’s first thinking about how to find a cheap and affordable accommodation. For young people or students, hostel is best choice, even if you have to share room and bathroom. But we suggest to choose serviced apartment or furnished apartment for couple or family. Usually, serviced apartment/furnished apartment include 1 or 2 bedrooms, private bathroom, TV and kitchen.
- Get a phone plan —The telephone company Telstra has really improved their service and offers great phone packages that have great coverage throughout the country. Their call/text rates aren’t that high either, so the credit will last you awhile. Vodafone has amazing deals (sometimes better) too but they have more limited coverage around the country. You can choose some small dealers if you just stay in Australia City, e.g Sydney, Melbourne. These small dealers provide big discount for short term visitors.
- Cook often —You should know, eating out is not cheap, especially there is expensive labor cost in Australia. The best way to reduce your costs is to cook as many meals as possible, you will get clean and health food as well. ALDI is the cheapest supermarket in the country, followed by Coles and then Woolworths (though sometimes you don’t get a choice at which place you can shop it! Some small towns only have one!).
- Car share —Australia is a big country that can be expensive to get around. If you are traveling with friends, it’s smart to buy a used car or campervan (or rent a new one from one of the many rental companies in the country) and split the costs of gas. You can also hitch a ride with other travelers using sites like Gumtree, Jayride, or a hostel message board.
- Book tours as a package —This country has a lot of exciting activities and tours that eat into any budget. Booking activities together through a hostel or tour agency will get you a discount and save you hundreds of dollars as a repeat customer.
- Seek out free internet — The internet in Australia is painfully slow and expensive (just ask any Australian how they feel about this), but libraries and McDonalds have free WiFi that you can use. Some big mall provide free WiFi as well.
- WWOOF it! —WWOOFing is a program that allows you to work on organic farms in exchange for free room and board. Everyone I’ve met who stays in the country long term does it for at least one month. You don’t even need to know anything about farming – you’re mostly picking fruit the whole time! It’s a great way to reduce your expenses and make an impact on the local environment. (But Note: Visitor visa is not allow to do a job in Australia)
- Fill up your water bottle — The tap water is clean and safe to drink in Australia. Cutting the 2-3 AUD for each bottle of water will reduce your daily spending. Not buying bottles of water also good environmental impact too!
In a Australia trip, you can use different ways to save money, while you can enjoy your travel as well.